Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Positively Rare Cars

by Mauverneen


I just can't seem to get my fill of grand old cars. I know I'm not the only one because all summer long there are car shows everywhere!


This time it was the Concours d'Elegance in Geneva, IL. An annual invitation only show, it brings in cars from across not only the Midwest, but the country. The 'featured' marque changes year to year, awards are given,  and it is a great way to view some very elegant and rare cars you seldom get a chance to see.

Row after row of classic Jaguars, Porsches, and Ferraris
 

In the foreground - a 1950 Muntz Jet next to a 1951 Packard

 

After the judging, award winners are called to parade through the winners circle, where trophies are handed over to the owners, and the knowledgeable emcee gives a bit of background and explains why that particular car deserves an award.


Happy Winners
 
The trophies - The Benz
 
I swear I saw 'the Professor' driving this DeLorean
1920 Locomobile Dual Cowl Phaeton
 1938 Horch Phaeton - 1 of only 3 ever produced, and the only survivor 
A Hupmobile
 
Wow. That's all. Just WOW.

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.  
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
 
  Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com
 
 See more photos at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-mauverneen-blevins.html I am always adding more!
and visit my website: http://mauverneen.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment