Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Positively SMILING

by Mauverneen
     
   Everyone smiles in the same language. ~Author unknown

 What could be more positive than a smile! Very often we are drawn to someone because of their smile. There are songs about smiles, poems about smiles and dozens of quotes. Smile though your heart is aching; let a smile be your umbrellawhen you're smilin', the whole world smiles with you.  


      I've always been a smiler. As a child I was so shy I could barely speak to acquaintances let alone strangers. I guess it was my way of saying hello, of saying I'm not stuck up, just tongue tied.  Even now, as an adult, I find myself smiling at people I pass at the store, at the mall, in a restaurant. Sometimes they smile back. Sometimes they don't. I am not sure I understand why they don't. It doesn't cost a thing to smile, whether you smile first - or second. 


      There are things that make us smile and things we do to make others smile. We tell jokes, we make funny faces, we do silly things. Or sweet things. We love to see the people we love, smile. It means they are happy. And that is really all we want for them.
          Did you ever find yourself smiling when you were alone? Triggered by a memory, a song, a gesture from someone unexpected? Feels nice, doesn't it? This positively Tuesday I say we just try to pass on as many smiles as we can. And if someone gives you one, return it. It's happiness being passed around.


       I came across this guy on a bridge in Paris, looking like he didn't have a care in the world. I smiled when I saw the bubbles. He smiled when he saw the camera. Then he went right back to blowing bubbles. Both of us just a little happier. He had made my day. 
 


Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn. ~Author unknown

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!  
                      and visit my website: http://mauverneen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment