Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Positively Bailey

by Mauverneen

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich."
- Louis Sabin


      There are cat people and there are dog people. I am dog people.
     When I was married, with kids, we had dogs. The kids, as adults, all have dogs. After a divorce and several moves, I had no dog. But I found myself wishing more and more that I had one. Presently I live in a small space, and knew my ideal dog could not be too big - it would have to be smallish, but not too small.
      My youngest daughter kept emailing me pictures of shelter dogs. One day I had nothing else to do so I went and took a look at the latest one. He was a cutie for sure. They put us in a room for a little 'meet 'n greet' where he enjoyed chasing a tennis ball. I went out to the desk to ask a couple of questions about him and when I came back, he was just sitting there, staring at the door, waiting for me to come back. That was it. I was done. Home we went.
Going to a new home
     He has been my buddy, my confidante, and my salvation. I sometimes call him my angel. I truly believe he saved my sanity. I have had Bailey for three years now - or he has had me - and his birthday is also this month. He is turning four. We have trained each other, and he gets most of the bed, as most dogs do, regardless of size.

Sometimes he likes to stay in bed

He likes to sit and watch for deer with me. We both hope one day a fawn will come over and play.


Too cold! Let me back in
Look like my birthday, but he doesn't mind sharing

Here are a few random dog quotes that I like.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."  - Unknown

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long." - Unknown

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."  - Gilda Radner

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
check it out   MauveOnTheMove.  My travel blog!
 See more photos at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-mauverneen-blevins.html
                      and visit my website: http://mauverneen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment