Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Positively Out of Town

by Mauverneen

"A vacation is like love — anticipated with pleasure, experienced with discomfort, and remembered with nostalgia." ~Author unknown

There has not been a Positively Tuesday post in a couple of weeks because, well, I've been on vacation. It just so happens I left on a Tuesday - a Positively wonderful bit of serendipity! I had been anticipating this trip for months. I looked at guidebooks, researched my destination online, and asked anyone who had been to Ireland what I should not miss. Of course I overpacked - but I am getting better at taking a bit less of what I don't need and won't wear and although it didn't feel it, my luggage was under the weight limit. In trying to reach that goal I think my carryon weighed as much as my checked bag though.

I really needed a holiday. I've been back a few days now and I still feel pretty mellow, or maybe just  tired, but I don't feel stressed, and I'm still not sure what day it is.

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home." ~James Michener

Vacations are, for me, always eagerly anticipated. I love going new places, or back to favorite places, seeing new things, trying new food, getting no sleep, rushing from one place to another trying to fit it all in. All the fun things a vacation should be. I vacation to get away, apparently I do not vacation to relax. 

Yes, I did go to Ireland. That green isle of fairies, leprechauns and beautiful people, stunning landscapes and castles. And rain. But you can still have fun - and adventures - in the rain.


You can read about those adventures - and misadventures - on my new blog                     http://www.mauveonthemove.com/    So, come on along to the Emerald Isle...

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
                      and visit my website: http://mauverneen.com







No comments:

Post a Comment