Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Positively InBetween

by Mauverneen

“November comes
And November goes,
With the last red berries
And the first white snows.

                    ~Clyde Watson


      Early November is sort of an in-between time. Summer, and generally Fall, are over. The garden is pulled up, the flowers are all but gone, and people can't decide how to decorate; how long can I leave up Halloween?  should I bother with Thanksgiving? Is it too early for Christmas? We are gearing up for that Thanksgiving meal, and most of us have not even thought about Christmas shopping.
      It's a little different this year. At least here in my little corner of Illinois. There's been hardly a frost. Yes, the garden is done, but I still have flowers - even roses - blooming. It seems only now the trees are starting to get some color but there is still so much green. There have been cold days and I am not looking forward to the real cold of Winter.
      I turned my clocks back one hour and have to say I do enjoy the fact that it is not dark when I get up, but don't enjoy the fact that it is dark before suppertime. I wonder if we couldn't just split the difference - 30 minutes and we would have the best of both.
      It seems with a little time on my hands this might be a good time to catch up on a couple of those projects that have been started, or merely considered, a good time to try to get organized so I am not so scattered the rest of the year, a good time to make a few lists; menus, guests lists, Christmas gifts, Christmas cards. I'd like to paint that room before the holidays, and there's the baking...

       Hmmm, maybe there's not so much time as I thought.
    
As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
                     visit my websites: http://mauverneen.com
and 

No comments:

Post a Comment