Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Positively Winter Birds

by Mauverneen

"Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they?" 


      I hear people commenting this time of year on birds - "How do they survive in this cold?" It is a wonder, but God made them to survive. I marvel not only that they survive, but, no matter what the season, they find their way home, to their own nests, to their own territory. 
      I think at times we have all wished to be a bird for a day. To soar up into the sky, feel the wind in our face and beneath our wings. To fly where we please, to look down with a wider view to what we cannot see when we are standing still with our feet planted. To be able to sing.  






"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." – Henry Van Dyke


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
check out   MauveOnTheMove.  My travel blog!
                      and visit my website: http://mauverneen.com


No comments:

Post a Comment