Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Positively Contemplating Winter

by Mauverneen

“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently?" Lewis Carroll 


There is quiet beauty in the starkness of a winter landscape
Just the basics; the bones, as it were.
Like the bareness of an open soul
In unadorned simplicity
Lacking nature’s accessories of leaves, flowers, color
And on the snow, a splash of red in a lingering leaf or a bird at the feeder  
Shades of gray fade to color once more when the sun returns, vibrant and nurturing 
Meantime stay inside, stay warm, refresh
Drink soup and tea and hot cocoa and dream your dreams


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com
See more photos at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-mauverneen-blevins.html
visit my website: http://mauverneen.com and my other blog:  mauveonthemove.com

2 comments: