Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Positively Planning A Vacation - Today

by Mauverneen
“To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen

 Today is National Plan A Vacation Day. I didn't know I needed to wait.

I love to travel, even if I may not get as much opportunity to do so as I would like. I have an overflowing bin of brochures of places I want to see, and places that look interesting. Some are exotic, and some are within a days drive. After all, it's not always possible to get away for two or three weeks at a time.

I have a weekend trip coming up to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. A short drive from my home in Illinois. A friend, who also has the wanderlust, and I have been talking about something in the Fall - possibly Spain/Portugal or Portugal/Morocco. It's nice to dream. And sometimes, we can make some of those dreams come true. I still have my bucket list but these other things (places) keep popping up! 

It doesn't matter if you prefer the beach,
the city,
or the mountains.
A vacation is an indulgence; a time to be selfish, to spoil yourself a bit. And if the planning doesn't yield the anticipated trip, oh well, I've learned something about a place and the day dreaming has been fun.

So excuse me while I go do some planning. I've got a bin to get through.


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com

and visit my website:  mauveonthemove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment