Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Positively Drawing

by Mauverneen

Happy Tuesday - it is Tuesday, isn't it? It's hard to keep track of days while sheltering in place. A perfect time to learn something new, or resurrect an old hobby.

I have been wanting to try my hand at some artwork. I used to draw, and do woodburning, but it's been a while. I really want to give watercolors another go. I have tried several times in the past, but control over that medium eludes me.

A couple of months ago I brought up a drafting table from storage in the basement and put it under a lovely North window. The north light is best and I had high hopes of getting all my art supplies out. Little did I dream I would have soooo much time to dabble!

Anyway, I downloaded some free tutorials and will be giving it a shot. I wanted something simple for my first attempt - very simple. One of the lessons was a basic colored pencil drawing. I thought I would start with that. I have to work up the courage to graduate to paint. What do you think? Not too bad for a first try? If it's that bad, here is your clue - it's an orange half.  I could also learn French too. This one is easy - l'orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment