Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 – POSITIVELY A NEW YEAR

by Mauverneen



Wow. 2013. It sounds so futuristic.
 
Happy New Year everybody – and may we all stick to our resolutions - for a couple of weeks at least. I don’t usually make New Year’s Resolutions – although I think about it a lot I can never decide which resolutions to take on. There are so many I SHOULD make.

I need to cut down on eating and start getting some exercise. (Me and probably 85% of the country.) I need to get organized - find a place for everything. Including myself. Stay more in touch with family and old friends. Make some new friends – they keep life interesting. Be more thoughtful. Give more compliments. Hold back more criticisms. 

One resolution that I AM putting on my list though is to take a fantastic trip this year. Although I had a positively outstanding trip in 2012 I don’t want to wait two years to the next one. I know how selfish that sounds, but travel is oh so addicting! Although my list does change from time to time, India is high on it right now. The more I see and hear of it, the more I want to experience it. Closer to home, I want to get to Yellowstone and Yosemite one of these days. If I can take one foreign trip and one domestic each year, life would positively be a dream.
 
Follow your rainbows
 
New Years Day is kind of like buying a lottery ticket, isn’t it? We’re all so rich thinking of the possibilities. And maybe that is what we need to focus on – the possibilities. World peace may be unobtainable, but inner peace is mine.
 
Why can't we all get along?

Last night was an end, today is a beginning. Which do you prefer to focus on?

Clean up detail

I don’t know where the following idea came from, but it’s making the rounds on Facebook and I like it! Take a jar (or a vase, or what-have-you) and whenever something GOOD or POSITIVE happens to you in 2013 write it down and drop it in. At the end of the year you’ll have a way of remembering all the good things that happened to you in the past 365 days. I can’t think of a better way to end the year than looking back on your blessings instead of your failings or being reminded – again - of all the bad news in the world that gets published in standard end-of-year bad news roundups everywhere.

Thanks to whoever came up with the idea. I hope you don't mind my sharing it. I can’t wait to start my own good news jar! I know good things will happen in 2013! Positively!

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint. However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!

Interested in photo prints? Contact me! http://mauverneen.com email: maureenblevins@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment