Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Positively World Elephant Day

by Mauverneen  

Today is World Elephant Day.









I consider myself fortunate indeed to have seen elephants in the wild on my trip to Kenya, Africa a few years ago.

 Magnificent, awe-inspiring creatures!

I am sharing a few of my photos here. I am also adding a link to world elephant day.org. When you have 30 minutes I urge you to watch the video on how Thailand is reintroducing elephants into the wild. It is well worth your time!


While the habitat of the Asian elephants  is lush, the landscape of the African elephant is quite different.

Family on the move


The mother placed herself between her baby and our jeep as they crossed the road. We dared not move.

.
 As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
 
'Bye! Have a nice day!
 Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com
and visit my website: http://mauverneen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment