Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Positively Memories

by Mauverneen

The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments. If you don't celebrate those, they can pass you by.  ~ Alek Wek


Some days it's hard to think of something positive. At least something worth writing about. I've been busy. Painting the living room, getting the kitchen ready to paint, trying to have a life. I do a lot of sitting in the newly painted living room wondering how I can rearrange the new furniture that I need to go shop for. But it's coming along. I wonder what to keep and what to get rid of. Some things, no matter how old, worn, or tacky, are worth keeping. Others, eh.

This past weekend was busy. We celebrated my mom's 96th birthday with a small family gathering. There was lasagna, cake, and gifts. Everything a birthday should be. She was surprised to be 96, but she loved having company. And gifts. And champagne.

I also went to another birthday party. A collective gathering of high school classmates who are all turning the same age this year. I hesitate to say which one, but it's a milestone. We had food, drinks, and cake. Everything a birthday should have. It was a wonderful evening with friends, old and new, memories and future plans. Yes, even at our age we have plans. Growing old is not one of them.

Memories. This was a weekend of bringing them up to enjoy, and of making new ones. Good ones.

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com

and visit my website:  mauveonthemove.com




No comments:

Post a Comment