Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

A Positively Sad Tuesday

by Mauverneen


Yesterday's fire at the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris has given so many people around the world a heavy heart. I am grateful to be one of the millions of people who have seen it, walked around it, stepped inside, and was awed at it's beauty. 

To be walking along the street in Paris, or sitting on a boat floating down the river Seine, and suddenly see this iconic landmark rise up in front of me caused me to catch my breath. So recognizable, so beautiful. And I could only tell myself "You really are in Paris."

These are not the best photos of Notre Dame you will ever see, but they are mine. And the memories are mine. And I will hope that someday I can go back and revisit her. and tell her how happy I am that she survived. 






No comments:

Post a Comment