Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Positively Gardening

by Mauverneen

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are"  ~ Alfred Austin 

     Perhaps Mr. Austin was talking about flowers, but right now, I have a vegetable garden to show him. After reading this quote I wandered outside and assessed my garden. Hmmm. 

Messy yet organized in its own way.  (It may look in disarray but I can tell you where everything is.)

Ambitious.  (I do tend to take on more than I really should.)

Hopeful.  ( I always expect a bumper crop. Sometimes I am rewarded. Sometimes....eh)

Needs some tending.  (TLC is never wasted here. AND, it cleans up nicely.) 
.
Prospering. (Everybody loves the tomatoes and green beans, but not so much the zucchini.) 

Nurturing. (My garden feeds me and nurtures my soul. It also nurtures bees, birds, and on occasion                       some of those pests I try to keep out.

 Ahem.  Perhaps Alfred wasn't too far off the mark.


*note:  Alfred Austin was an English poet who was appointed Poet Laureate in 1896, following the death of Tennyson.

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Visit  MauveOnTheMove.  My travel blog!
 See more photos at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-mauverneen-blevins.html
                      and visit my website: http://mauverneen.com


No comments:

Post a Comment