Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Positively May Day

by Mauverneen

“At last came the golden month of the wild folk-- honey-sweet May, when the birds come back, and the flowers come out, and the air is full of the sunrise scents and songs of the dawning year.”
                                                                                                            ― Samuel Scoville Jr., Wild Folk


Exactly! Happy May Day!
     Traditionally the day to celebrate Spring, and in some cultures, a holiday.
Birds are singing, and migrating. The Juncos have finally moved on, the Finches are moving in and yesterday I saw a pair of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks at the feeder. 

Today, at least in my little corner of the world, Mother Nature is cooperating with a sunny, warm, morning. A day that is what all days should be - a day without a coat. It's always liberating when I walk out of the door and realize, I don't need a coat! and I think that's how life was meant to be lived. Unwrapped.

Ahhh spring. We've been waiting.


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com
visit my website:  mauveonthemove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment