Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Positively Majestic

 by Mauverneen

Well, I had my little getaway. It was nice - I got to visit my oldest daughter, and got to see some lovely views of Zion and Bryce National Parks. 

Looking at these canyons, and the mountains, I often wonder what the explorers and the settlers thought when they first saw this. My daughter voiced the same thought. I'm sure many people do. You're driving down the road and suddenly the earth opens up before you, revealing miles and miles of canyons and multi-colored rock formations. It is mind boggling. Especially for someone coming from the flat land called Illinois. 

I've been to the Southwest before, but I never cease to be impressed, or amazed. Each time, the experience is different. And I always look forward to going back. It's never soon enough. A part of my heart is there.


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment