Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Just Another Positively Tuesday

 by Mauverneen

Well, here it is Tuesday again. Sometimes the week goes by so fast, it's hard to catch up. Other times, it drags. This one went by fast for me. Actually, the last couple have. Last week, I didn't even realize it was Tuesday - so, no blog. My apologies.

I have been busy. I met a cousin of mine at Starved Rock, in Utica, IL for a short hike and lunch one day. It was a sweltering hot day, so mostly it was lunch. It was fun catching up. We had lots to talk about.   

Then there were car shows - three last week! Fathers Day there was the annual show at Oakbrook Center, Wednesday there was the Great Race, which came through Plainfield, IL and Saturday was another club show in Geneva, IL. 

And then on Sunday, well on Sunday, Gallery Seven in Lockport, IL had their artist reception for the Annual Open Lens Competition. I had two photos accepted, and one of them took second place! I'm thrilled. It's such an honor to be recognized. Afterwards, two of my daughters and sons-in-law came over to the house for a cookout. Whew! The week flew by!

Now, here I sit, reflecting on the past couple of weeks, and feeling positively grateful for it all. I had fun. Now I am planning a vacation! Life can be good. We have to savor it. 


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com

 




No comments:

Post a Comment