Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

POSITIVELY ZOO FUN, BUT...

 by Mauverneen

My friends and I decided to go to the zoo. It's been years since any of us have been. Some things change. Some things remain the same. It was a fun day, but...


Oh my! 

Running through the spray on a hot day is so refreshing

It rained on and off, so we checked out a building or two. 

Looks like these two checked us out too!


The Hippo wallowed. (I don't think it's moved in 20 years!)

The Rhino paced

The Giraffes were entertaining

It was a fun day, but.... having been to Africa and seen these animals in the wild, I swore I'd never go to a zoo again. And of course not everyone will be fortunate enough to have that opportunity. On one hand, it's a good thing that the rest of the world gets to see some of these animals, but it's sad too, to see them confined.

Some things are getting better for zoo animals - more realistic habitat, larger spaces for some, etc. but on the other hand, not much has changed. The spaces are still too small, and they are in cages. At Brookfield Zoo, where we went, there are no elephants. Sad in a way, yet, I was glad there weren't any. 

The zoo is expensive! $17. to park and another $25 - $29 per person admission. The butterfly house was an extra charge, the safari train was another charge, and I'm not sure what else was an additional fee. 

So, it's fun to go to the zoo, but...


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint. However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it! Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com See more photos at 
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-mauverneen-blevins.html













No comments:

Post a Comment