Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Positively Metaphorically

 by Mauverneen



Every morning, like most people, the first thing I do is make a pot of coffee. I still prefer multiple cups rather than the one cup wonders. My coffee maker uses these little paper filters. One morning it struck me how much those filters reminded me of life.  

When they're new, they're all perfectly shaped, standing tall, stacked together for support. As one by one they're taken out, the rest begin to sag and spread. From tall and perky to saggy and wrinkled. And  as always, a new pack, a new generation, eventually will take its place. And it struck me how like life that is. 

When we're young, we're bright and shiny, we have all our friends and family for support. As we go through life that support we have relied on begins to disappear, one by one, leaving us to wilt like that stack of remaining coffee filters. 

The thing is, even the last one still has value, still has purpose, still does the job. A good thing to remember - no matter where in the stack we are.


Coffee filters - a metaphor for life. Who'd have thought?

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint. However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it! Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com See more photos at 
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-mauverneen-blevins.html


 

1 comment: