Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Positively Titanic

 by Mauverneen

Sunday I joined a car club group going to the Volo Museum in Volo, IL. I've long wanted to go there, but this was my first time. I've got to say, it's a bit overwhelming. And it's not just cars. There is plenty there for EVERYONE - the kids, too - they love it.

Our main interest in going this time was to see their newly installed Titanic Exhibit. It may be small by some standards but it is quite well done. There is even a 10 minute documentary, which is a don't miss if you're there. 

Since Volo started as a car museum (I think) there are naturally a number of cars in the Titanic exhibit. Most of them having actually belonged to one of the persons on the ill-fated liner. I say almost because one of them is identical to one that went down with the ship. It still lies on the ocean floor. The cars in this exhibit are not copies, they are original 100+ years old and in beautiful condition! Photos, captions and artifacts on the wall tell the stories of the cars and their owners. It's fascinating.

Also fascinating are the clothes! Oh my how I love the fashions of that era. 

Whether you've been to this museum or not, I highly recommend the Titanic exhibit. Here's a link so you can plan your day! And believe me, it will take all day.  https://www.volocars.com/attractions


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
                                       However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
  Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com

and visit my website: http://mauverneen.com




No comments:

Post a Comment