|Grand Canyon view|
A friend of mine went out to
a couple of weeks ago - lucky dog. I
love Arizona .
I wish everybody could see the Arizona Grand Canyon at
least once in their life. And . And several other
parts of that wonderful state. But it got me thinking. Ever since that movie
came out everyone’s suddenly got a ‘bucket list.’ They have the top 10 or 100 or
5,001 places to visit before you die. I’ve come up with a ‘bucket list’ of my
own - for traveler’s. But it’s not about picking which places to visit, sometimes
it’s not so much WHERE you go but how you experience the journey. Kind of like
1. Visit your nation’s capitol. It is amazing in ways you never imagined.
|Lincoln Memorial, Washington, D.C.|
2. Visit a foreign country. Whether it’s one city or a tour through the countryside, experiencing another culture is a great experience. And what better way to bring people together than to reach across barriers.
|Bartering in Kenya|
3. See one of the natural wonders of the world. It could be
Everest, or it could be the but standing on the edge of a
majestic work of nature is a humbling experience. It makes you realize how small you are in this world. Sahara Desert,
|Grand Canyon view|
4. Do something outside your comfort zone. Hang glide, Zip line, Hike or go on a Rafting trip. If you can overcome a fear, be it of water, heights, or birds, it’s worthwhile and makes it easer to do the second time around.
5. Learn a foreign language. There is no better feeling of accomplishment than being able to converse with someone in their native tongue, ask for directions, or just confidently order a meal!
7. Take a train trip. In this day of hurry up, it’s such a relaxing way to travel. It's a great way to meet people, have conversations with interesting strangers, relax - and enjoy the view!
|View from the train window|
8. Experience luxury. Splurge at least once and be pampered. A great hotel room, a gourmet experience, a spa treatment or a round of golf at a world class course. Treat yourself! Just be warned – it’s hard to go back to average.
9. Taste something you normally turn up your nose at! Squid? Chocolate covered grasshoppers? Mudbugs? For me it was Black Pudding. It wasn’t bad and at least I can say I tried it!
10. Veer off the beaten path. Sticking to the itinerary is great, but you could miss the world’s most fabulous museum or a spectacular sunrise or a chance encounter with – who knows? It’s good to be spontaneous once in a while.
11. Take at least one of the trips on your bucket list! On the cheap if you have to, in style if you can afford to. But just GO! You won't be sorry. And oh, the stories you'll have to tell.
As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint. However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! firstname.lastname@example.org
See more photos at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-mauverneen-blevins.html
visit my website: http://mauverneen.com