Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Positively World Environment Day

by Mauverneen

This year's theme is focusing on beating plastic pollution - "If you can't reuse it, refuse it!"


https://www.awarenessdays.com/awareness-days-calendar/world-environment-day-2018/

Plastic bags, water bottles and other containers fill a garbage can every two weeks in this house. I recycle but often wonder how effective that is. I bring my own canvas totes to the grocery store (I keep them in the car so I don't forget) and when given a choice - paper or plastic - I always request paper!

I am going to stop buying bottled water and get a large water cooler instead. There are all sorts; Small ones that fit on the counter and the big ones we're accustomed to seeing in offices. They may not be the prettiest addition to the décor but I think the view will still be better than seeing plastic bottles littering roadways, picnic grounds and creeks.

I think we all need to seriously consider refusing plastic - in one way or another. As someone recently said "There is no Planet B."


No comments:

Post a Comment