Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Positively Trying

 by Mauverneen

Trying - there are two meanings for that word. Trying, as in I am trying to do something and trying, as in this has been a very trying time.

Sunflowers make everybody smile!

I didn't think I was going to get a blog out today - after all, it's supposed to be upbeat and uplifting. And I haven't been feeling that way lately. I don't post my personal failures, my trials and tribulations, my challenges. But they are there. I choose not to dwell on them, and try to be positive. But sometimes, you just can't get away from it. 

Currently, I am caregiver for my aunt, who is dying of cancer. I've been down this caregiving road before, with my mom who had dementia. This is different. It just is. I'm not going to get into it but it is truly and utterly depressing. So why do I want to write about that? I do actually sometimes write about that, but the things I write about that are for another place and another time. And mostly for my own benefit - it's cathartic. Not here on this blog. I'm putting it out there now as a sort of explanation for why I've been slacking off with my blogs. And because I've had people asking where the blog is! Thank you!

So, people, try to find something in each and every day to be positive about. I still can watch the birds in the morning. The Blue Jays still make me smile when they 'steal' the peanuts from the dish I put out for them. My dog still likes to cuddle in the morning. I have a lunch date with my two besties this week and TA DA! vacation plans in the works. So overdue. So needed! Those are all positives for me!

I'm trying to focus on the positive. I'm trying!

Have a POSITIVELY lovely day!

Doesn't this picture positively say SUMMER?!

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com





1 comment:

  1. Lots of challenges in my life, too. And everyone, I feel, needs a few moments of positivity in their lives. Thank you for providing it. :)

    ReplyDelete