Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Positively Illuminating

 by Mauverneen

The name of the show in lights, on the trees!

It's called Illumination and it is fabulous! Presented at the Morton Arboretum, in Lisle, Illinois, which is just a bit southwest of Chicago. The show runs through January 7, 2023. 

I saw the very first one, 10 years ago, and oh my - I was impressed that first time and even more so this visit. It's a one mile, paved walk, with concession stands for hot chocolate and s'mores makings, and warming fires along the way.

If you've ever had to put lights on even one tree, you'll appreciate the time it must have taken to light all these trees so perfectly!

Although it was only in the lower 20's, I dressed warmly and wasn't at all cold - don't forget to bring a mask or scarf to cover your nose! 

I was mesmerized by the displays! Lights that changed in time with music, trees that were lit with colors- some of them moving, just display after display to feast your eyes on. It's a bit hard to describe, but it is wonderful. I just wanted to stand in one spot for a long time and enjoy. 


A couple of my photos are here, but there's a link at the bottom that will give you a better idea, and where you can get tickets. I don't know if this show is offered anywhere else, but if it is, don't hesitate. It's a wonderful holiday experience. One the whole family can enjoy. There were toddlers, babies in wagons, and people in wheelchairs - all enjoying themselves.

This entire field was covered with lights that changed with the music!

Here's that link:  https://mortonarb.org/explore/activities/exhibitions/illumination/

Enjoy this Holiday Season! 

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com

Available at Amazon.com or request it at your favorite bookstore!



No comments:

Post a Comment