Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Positively Birds of Spring!

 by Mauverneen

We always get excited to see that first Robin of Spring, but I get excited when I see some of the other seasonal visitors returning, too. 

One of my daughters texted me the other day asking if I'd seen any Hummingbirds yet. No sooner did I reply that No, I hadn't, then lo and behold one stopped by to visit! I've had the nectar out for a week or more knowing they would soon be here. The Orioles too have now returned. I'm going to have to get to the store and stock up on their grape jelly. That and oranges. I also had a Rose Breasted Grosbeak at the feeder! Now I'm anxiously awaiting the Indigo Bunting. Spring will be complete!

I have an old bird house sitting atop the a/c unit and someone - not sure if it's a Sparrow or a Wren - has been cleaning it out. I can't catch sight of them, but they sure are doing some major remodeling in there. Hopefully they will find some nice new nesting materials and we'll have some baby birds to watch. 

I hope your week goes Positively well. Take a little time to watch the birds. They're fun, and their happy little attitudes always perk me up. I'm sure they will do the same for you!

Grosbeak

Although the Orioles have their own feeders with oranges and grape jelly...

...they like to raid the hummingbird feeders for the sweet nectar.


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com

Available at Amazon.com,
 Anderson's Bookstore in Naperville, 
or request it at your favorite bookstore!


No comments:

Post a Comment