Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Positively Trouble


The Midnight Bandit
by Mauverneen


Another Tuesday morning finds me out in my yard early in the morning watching the birds.
Not only have I had trouble with the squirrels getting into the bird feeders but now I have a vandalous raccoon!

Every morning the shepherd's hook is bent and the feeders are down, seed scattered. I've caught the bugger red-handed or however you would catch a masked bandit. he only stares at me, daring me to try and take back the feeder.
I've tried taking the feeder in overnight, but now have found a new place to hang it. A much sturdier (I hope) location - an old clothes pole, cemented into the ground. I'll keep you posted.


Hummingbird on a wire
I've taken a clothes hangar, bent it and hung it off the window box, next to the hummingbird feeders. It works! I have one little hummer that likes to just sit there and preen her feathers. Remarkable how they can stretch their neck enough to get that long beak into those wings!

I've yet to get a decent shot of the Buntings, but I keep trying.


Indigo Bunting on the feeder

I've also noticed that I have Red Wing Blackbirds coming to the feeders. Something new. Between those and the raccoons coming to the feeders I have to wonder if something is going on out there. Neither of those has ever appeared at my feeders before.

Redwinged Blackbird

Recently I've done some local travelling and discovered some fun places and I have a trip coming up to South Carolina, so I have some nice stories planned for the near future. Oh! And a couple of guest blogs! I'm excited. Stay tuned...
and keep thinking POSITIVE!

 
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com
and visit my website: http://mauverneen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment