Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Positively Tuesday


by Mauverneen

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Charles R. Swindoll

Well it’s Positively Tuesday again. The one day a week to try and not say anything negative. At all. All day.
This is what I wrote four years ago, just after I started this blog....''.I am tired of hearing so much complaining – nobody likes their job, or their boss, or their co-workers, or their weight, or their hair, or their neighbors. The news is depressing, I am horror struck at times at some of what is happening out there, the looming election does nothing but get everybody riled up, and of course nobody is ever happy with the weather.''
Not much of that has changed. The news is still depressing (which is why I rarely watch it. Reading the headlines is usually enough.) And of course the election is over - in fact, we've had two elections since then and everybody is more riled up than ever.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
It’s Tuesday – pay somebody a compliment, hold open a door, let someone go ahead of you. Share a joke, share a smile. And don’t forget to be nice to yourself – treat yourself to dessert, a new pair of shoes, a movie or a good cry if you need one. There is pleasure in simple things; rain on the roof, the smell of brownies in the oven, a baby’s laughter, a bubble bath, good food, good company. Music.
I have more than I have not. I try to remember that. I’ve had my share of hard times and bad luck but I prefer the good times over the bad and rehashing the bad only makes me relive it and frankly, once was enough. This is not to say I never complain. Unfortunately I do my share. But it’s Tuesday. I’m Positive. And it feels good to feel good.
I'd like to share the following cartoon. by Joe Fournier, of the Chicago Tribune. It pretty much sums up my attitude of late.



Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment