Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Positively Shadowy

by Mauverneen


Shadows fascinate me.  

For photographers, shadows can provide depth. At sunset, as the light becomes golden, the shadows grow long. That can make for some gorgeous shots. But I'm not talking about shadows that enhance a scene, I'm talking about the shadow itself. Not silhouettes. Although, yes, they are silhouettes, but the actual shadows, not just darkened images of an object.


Particularly intriguing to me are the shadows on the wall. I have photographed shadows on my wall more than once. Shadows of plants dance across the walls, teasing my imagination. Often they look like actual scenes, or sometimes, something other than what they really are. The other day my attention was caught by my own shadow as I walked through the room, coffee cup in hand. Does it look domestic? Or mysterious? Benign? Or foreboding?




I think that is what captures my fancy. The 'something other' that sparks the imagination. What is it really? or - What do I think it is? 

What do YOU see?



As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment