Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Positively Timing

 by Mauverneen


So, here it is, 9 o'clock on a Tuesday morning and I don't have a blog. I slept late and I'm still groggy, despite numerous cups of coffee. Blame the time change. 

This past weekend - we all sprang ahead (or was it sprung?). I like that we get more light at the end of the tunnel, I mean the day, but I need some time to get used to this new time. I don't like sleeping late. I mean, it feels good and all but that means my day is shorter, hence I try to compensate and stay up later and end up sleeping later. 

I don't like it. I think we should just leave the clocks alone. It's easier to adjust when you have to get up, to be at work at a certain time. You set the alarm. I'm retired. I have no need for an alarm. I don't even have an alarm. There's probably only one way to fix it - I need to go to bed early, so I get my usual amount of sleep and hopefully wake up at a decent hour. 

Guess I won't be having a nap today. That would just make me less tired. 

 “Daylight saving time: Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket.” -- Anonymous


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com


1 comment:

  1. Lucky for me I can have more than one good nap during the day and still sleep well at night.

    ReplyDelete