Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Positively Good Shoes

by Mauverneen

"Good shoes will take you to good places."

A friend of mine wrote about shoes the other day on her blog. She is a fan of K-Dramas, and the quote came from the one she is currently following - "She Was Pretty". 

Now, I've never seen that show, but this particular blog interested me because it brought to mind a dream I had, years ago. In the dream I was shopping for shoes and was in a shoe store, trying to decide on a pair of new shoes for myself. I was totally enamored of a pair of heels - fun, pretty, frivolous. But then there was a pair of no-nonsense, ordinary looking pumps. I was all set to buy the practical pumps, (after all, I am a practical person). Perhaps it was the sales clerk who changed my mind, but I heard myself say "No more boring shoes for me!" 

A couple of days, or possibly weeks later, I went shopping downtown and passed a shoe store, with a great sale. Seeing as I actually needed shoes, I went in. Well, guess what - I found my practical pumps but I also found a great pair of fun, pretty, frivolous heels. I remembered my dream and exclaimed - out loud - "No more boring shoes for me!" 

Now, I'm not saying one needs to spend hundreds of dollars on a single pair of shoes, or that I wear heels out in the garden. That would simply not be practical, but downright foolish. But neither would I wear my gardening clogs to dinner. So I have both. I've occasionally carried that mantra into other areas of my life and perhaps should do it more often. So, thanks Denise, for reminding me. Why settle for boring when you can have fun!

The moral of the story? I don't know if there is one, but practicality has its place, its purpose. But so does fun, and the impractical. Once in a while, we need to step out of our comfort zone and be frivolous and say "No more boring shoes for me"! 

 And pretty shoes? Well, they definitely have their place. In my closet.

Check out the price of those shoes - I never throw anything away. Especially not shoes!

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment