Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Positively Frigid

 by Mauverneen

I'm not a skier, I'm not a skater                                                                                                                      My favorite cold is in the refrigerator!

Yes - it's cold! Yes, it's winter. Yes, I should be used to it. No, I don't have to like it. I don't have to go out in it either. I can get all my shopping delivered right to my front door. Even toilet paper. I can order my groceries delivered, I can order food delivered from a multitude of nearby restaurants. You can even do virtual doctor visits in a lot of cases. Open wide, get your own flashlight and hold that phone as close as you can. Just like a selfie.

The cold is probably why doctors stopped making house calls in the first place. They unionized and put it in their contract. Nobody wanted cold fingers touching and prodding anyway. Of course there's no online fix for a toothache. I don't think anyone would want a dentist walking you through an extraction, or a doctor walking you through setting the bone on your broken leg because you were stupid enough to go out in the cold in the first place and ended up taking a fall on the ice. But hey, if you've got enough whiskey... 

Besides, you can always get it delivered.

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com




No comments:

Post a Comment