Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Positively ME Time!

 by Mauverneen


It's Positively Tuesday - I almost forgot. I just returned last night from vacation and it usually takes a few days to return to normal. I drove with my youngest daughter to the Tetons, where we spent two days together. She took me to pick up my rental car, then she drove on to finish her trip to visit friends and relatives and I had several glorious days all to myself touring the Tetons and Yellowstone before flying home. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with people, but sometimes, a little alone time is called for. 

I got to stop wherever I wanted, take as much time as I wanted. It was so beautiful I stopped a lot! In fact, some places were so gorgeous I stopped at them more than once - going into the park, and again, coming back out of the park, and maybe even stopping again the next day. Now, no one probably would have put up with that. But a scene changes with the time of day, and besides, maybe there will be an Elk this time, or a Bison, or a Bear, or....

In the next few weeks, I will be sharing some of that trip with you all. Here, and at https://mauveonthemove.blogspot.com/. It was an incredible trip - The Tetons and Yellowstone. It's good to be home though, I think. I've got a loooong list of things I have to get done today. First off though, I want to pick up my dogs. My son-in-law had them for 10 days, while my daughter (his wife) and I were off on adventures. I owe him - big time! 

I've already been out to my garden this morning, and fed the birds. I think they missed me. I could hear a Blue Jay squawking up in the tree. He wants his peanuts. Ah well, back to normal. But I'll be dreaming about these places for a long time.


As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment