Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Another Year

 by Mauverneen

I just had a birthday! 


One daughter gifted me a theater ticket for Christmas to Sound of Music, that just so happened to be on my actual birthday! That was a double treat. Another daughter gifted me a spa day - which is now booked for a day in February. On Sunday night, we all went to dinner at the Maple Tree Inn - a lively, fun venture into Cajun Food. We tried appetizers, desserts, and sampled each others dinners. So we got to try LOTS of different things. 

I love it when the celebration gets to be spread out like that! Not just a couple hours of partying, but a true celebration of life with family and friends, over multiple days. 

My daughters had asked me what I would like for my birthday. I honestly said I don't need a thing. Just spending time with them is the greatest gift of all. 

Not much else to say. I'm another year older, but heck, I don't feel any older this week than I did last week. I feel blessed for that! I'm just sort of taking it easy, comfortable in my daily routine, and feeling - content. 

So here's to another trip around the sun. I hope we all have a good one!

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com

Available at Amazon.comAnderson's Bookstore in Naperville, or request it at your favorite bookstore!

No comments:

Post a Comment