Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

POSITIVELY GIVING THANKS

 by Mauverneen

It's Thanksgiving week. I've been busy cleaning, menu planning, and generally preparing for the Big Thursday, like a lot of people. Everyone will find something to be grateful for on Thanksgiving Day - at least I hope so. But why wait? What are you thankful for TODAY? 

My goal when I started this blog was in the hope that just one day a week, we could avoid complaining. I hear so much all around me. And yes, I do my share - maybe more than my share. But Tuesday? No. No complaining. So what if you've got to clean the house? You have a house. So what if you have to do all that cooking? And shopping? Be positively grateful that you can! I know, I know, it sounds trite and preachy, but if you think about it...

I'm looking forward to hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year. I'll bake pies the day before (as always), and relax the day after. What do I enjoy most about Thanksgiving? Apart from being with family and friends, I will enjoy the smells - not much smells better than sautéing the onion and celery for the stuffing (yes - I make my own). And then the wonderful aroma of the turkey cooking. I don't know why the whole neighborhood doesn't smell like turkey in the oven - after all, everybody is cooking the same thing. Do you think if we all cracked the window open a bit.... but then I can just picture the Bumpuses dogs hanging around my back door. Now THAT would be something to complain about!

In my house, I cannot leave food on the table and the chairs pulled out. Somebody I know would be right up there the minute my back was turned.

So, today, I'm Positively looking forward to Thanksgiving. May you all have a wonderful week! 

As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com

Available at Amazon.com or request it at your favorite bookstore!





No comments:

Post a Comment