Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Positively Official

 by Mauverneen

Well, it's Positively Official - I'm an author. Kind of scary to think about in some ways. I need to wrap my head around this new title I've given myself. I already had people ask me if I'm working on another book. Actually, I am, but for now... oh my.   

I promised I'd keep you updated on the book's progress. My proof copy arrived and looked good. I was happy with it. So I ordered a bunch. If you're local, I no doubt will carry a few copies in my car wherever I go, so if you want one, just ask! If you're not local, but want one, please do go to Amazon, or request the book from your local bookstore - they can order it for you! 

My local writers group - WriteOn Joliet puts out an annual anthology and our official release party is December 8th, from 6 - 8:30 pm at the Black Road Public Library. Not only will the new anthologies be for sale, but several of the published authors from that group will be there with their books! This year, I get to join them. If you're from Joliet, and able to, please join us that evening. The Book and Bean Cafe in the library has wonderful sandwiches, dessert, coffee, and hot chocolate - the perfect place to grab a snack or a drink before heading inside to visit with the authors. Books make wonderful gifts, and supporting your local authors is good karma all around!


Ok, time to get my head out of the clouds, my feet on the ground, and my hands dirty. In other words, back to work. The house needs cleaning, the garbage needs to be taken out, the dogs walked, the gutters cleaned... 
As always, words and photos are my own, and require permission to reprint.
However, feel free to share the blog in it's entirety. In fact, I encourage it!
Interested in photo prints? Contact me! maureenblevins@yahoo.com



1 comment: